Tuesday 31 January 2012

TUESDAY TIT BITS WITH AUTHOR OF THE WEEK............RAVEN MCALLEN!

Hi everyone, welcome to Tuesday Tit Bits with my author of the week, the very delicious and Scottish RAVEN MACALLEN.
So grab a mug of what you fancy, curl up in a chair or on the sofa with a slice of warm shortbread and relax while I probe (haha) this incredibly talented writer.
Raven, tis indeed a pleasure to have you here in the Nook. You’ve been a very very busy woman.
So what book that you read in your past that has stuck in your mind?
Not even remotely erotic i'm afraid. The Shetland Bus By David Howarth, about the Norwegians who escaped to Shetland in WW2 and set up an escape route/message route. My scalp is tingling as I write!
Obviously, apart from Mr McAllan, who would be a welcome sight to see bringing you your first drink of the day?
OOhh, have you seen Anuerin Barnard? Or David Essex, Johnny Depp, Jude Law, Richard Gere
What is your all time favourite genre to write and why?

Hmm thats not easy. Romance of course, but so many different types.
What book has you going back to it time and time again if you have one? Any Miss Read. Chesapeake Blue, Nora Roberts and Return to Yesterday, Robyn Donald
How do you write, in absolute peace and quiet or with abject chaos around you?
Any tips for aspiring authors who are reading this?
LIke I always say, Write as you can, not as you think you aught. And enjoy it.
How about writing blocks if you have works in progress........any ideas on how to get over the blocks?
Trust your instinct. If I have a blank, it's usually because whatever I'm writing isn't right. Do something else, start something else. Get a mate to give you five (or 10,20,...)trigger words and write 100, or 500 words including them.
Do you have a favourite film/tv show to watch and help you relax?
Sadly no, i'm not much of a TV/Film person. Music, a bath, candles and champagne. With a book. I've even got a floatable plastic cover for my kindle.
Okay, APART from chocolate and anything else DIPPED in chocolate, what do you munch on when writing?
ER well...

I gather chocolate is the mainstay for all writers! :D
Is there anything you have trouble writing and why?
Evidently i'm getting deeper darker and er more erotic. so less now than last year.But I still cringe inwardly at bad language and some explicit words.
Heres a probing question, how do you write sex scenes when you are feeling less than sexy?
I have no idea, I just do. THEN I do feel sexy! But A warm bath is good for plotting, and a holiday in the sun really gets my fingers...TYPING Kooks, wash your mouth out! On holiday in St Kitts, I wrote two very hot novellas, by getting up early and writing before DH got up and we holidayed!
Do you have a favourite recipe you can share with the readers of the Nook?
Well as my daughter and I can't eat gluten, (except occasionally oat gluten) this is a favourite pud. It can be adapted to wheat flour
You can use any fruit.
So stew your fruit a wee bit to soften it. How cooked it is, is up to you.
Now mix to fine breadcrumb like consistency 85g of oats and 85g of flour with 70g of marg or olive oil spread and 55g of sugar( I like half demerera and half a white) and a pinch of salt
spread over fruit and bake in moderate oven Mark 5 for about 30 mins. YUmmy
Do you have a teaser of a forthcoming book or your absolute favourite one you have had published please?
From TAken Identity, which was released by www.nobleromance.com and is also on Amazon
So, although I could offer to go back to the hotel, to work alone from there . . . ." His expression was one of hopeful interest. “I can weed. I’m at a bit of a loose end until Sean gets back to me. Or I could read some more of your diaries. I still haven’t found the entry about the pool table."
Jules’ eyes twinkled. "Oh, haven’t you? Not a patch on last night, I can assure you. There’s very little room on a pool table, and way too many balls. Let’s face it; two well-placed balls are better than several scattered ones."
Gray choked on the coffee he'd just picked up.
Jules patted him on his back. "Dear me, Gray. Got something stuck in your throat?"
His eyes streaming, he glared at her. "No, you little tease, but I can think of something I’d like to stick in yours."
clit.
His fingers moved in ever exciting circles inside her, his thumb rubbing her
It was her turn to splutter. Oh, yes please! "Ah, oh, well, good," she managed to say. Sheesh, Jules, lame or what?
"Right, sexual suggestions over. Seriously, though, Jules, I think I'm as well
stopping here, at least for a while. If you don’t mind. It’s um, easier to brainstorm when we are together."
Jules decided she was not going to think about what else it was easier to do. She nodded.
"Thanks." He sounded relieved. "I’ll nip back to the hotel to grab a change of clothes."
He rubbed his chin. "And a razor." Slowly, his fingers moved from inside her, and with that wicked grin she wasbeginning to associate with him, he put them to his mouth and sucked. "Mmm, nice, a reminder to keep me going." "You're welcome." Well, what else could she say? Can't we just carry on and sod the rest? "

Thanks for coming and joining us in the Nook Raven.
You're welcome. I have a copy of one of my books for one lucky person who comments on here, or on my blog before Friday midnight GMT. my blog www.ravenmcallan.blogspot.com web ravenmcallan.com
and i'm on twitter and Facebook of course!

Wow thanks Raven, that's incredibly generous of you. Again thanks for a wonderful chat.
Thanks for inviting me over, hope you enjoy the crumble lol

I hope you enjoyed reading this, and dont forget to post a comment to be in with a chance of winning a copy of Raven's book. 

Join me next Tuesday when my author of the week will be..............announced on Sunday.

Until then, KEEP IT KOOKY xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment